49 CFR Training
Please note: Users must complete the Hazmat General, Safety and Security Awareness Training course or an equivalent course before taking 49 CFR Training.
Duration: Approximately 4.5 - 5 hours
If your company ships hazardous materials or dangerous goods in the United States, you must comply with the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Code of Federal Regulations, 49 CFR. The 49 CFR requires that employees involved in shipping hazardous materials within the U.S. receive training (49 CFR, Subpart H, Section 172.704). This course meets the minimum training requirements specified in the 49 CFR for employees shipping and handling hazardous materials.
This course covers:
- - What hazardous materials are and how they are classified
- - What training is required and why
- - Responsibilities of those shipping hazardous materials by ground in the United States
- - Proper package selection and use
- - How to pack, mark and label items in accordance with the 49 CFR
- - How to prepare shipping papers according to the 49 CFR
- - Safety and security awareness and emergency response guidance
You need a copy of the most current 49 CFR book to complete this course. You can purchase the 49 CFR book here.
Looking to purchase Gift Codes for others?
Add a maximum of 1 course for yourself to your cart.