Course Code: Shipping Lithium Batteries Training
Purchase course codes to distribute to other users to redeem Shipping Lithium Batteries Training.
Duration: Approximately 2.5 - 3 hours
If your company ships lithium ion or lithium metal batteries, the U.S. Department of Transportation requires the training specified in 49 CFR Part 172, Subpart H. This online course meets the U.S. DOT training requirements for individuals who perform or direct the functions of packaging, marking, labeling, or loading packages containing lithium batteries for shipment by highway, rail, air, or vessel. The course covers both excepted and fully-regulated lithium batteries.
This course covers:
- The definition of hazardous materials
- The nine classes of hazardous materials defined in the regulations
- An overview of what lithium batteries are and why they are potentially hazardous
- Lithium battery general awareness
- Packaging and package selection (both UN packaging and non-UN packaging types)
- Marking, labeling, and documentation requirements
- Safety, emergency response, and security awareness
- Shipper responsibilities in the transportation process
Looking to purchase this course for yourself?
Add the quantity of Course Codes you need to distribute to other users to your cart.