Course Code: Ground Transportation 49 CFR Training for Shippers
Purchase course codes to distribute to other users to redeem for Ground Transportation 49 CFR Training for Shippers.
Please note: Users must complete the Hazmat General, Safety and Security Awareness Training course or an equivalent course before taking Ground Transportation 49 CFR Training for Shippers.
Duration: Approximately 4.5 - 5 hours
If your company ships hazardous materials or dangerous goods in the United States, you must comply with the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Code of Federal Regulations, 49 CFR. The 49 CFR requires that employees involved in shipping hazardous materials within the U.S. receive training (49 CFR, Subpart H, Section 172.704). This course meets the minimum training requirements specified in the 49 CFR for employees shipping and handling hazardous materials.
This course is intended to meet applicable training requirements in 49CFR, Subpart H, Section 172.704 for ground shipper staff. This course is not a registered training provider for Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) requirements for CDL and Hazmat Endorsements as stated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
This course covers:
- What hazardous materials are and how they are classified
- What training is required and why
- Responsibilities of those shipping hazardous materials by ground in the United States
- Proper package selection and use
- How to pack, mark and label items in accordance with the 49 CFR
- How to prepare shipping papers according to the 49 CFR
- Safety and security awareness and emergency response guidance
Users need a copy of the most current 49 CFR book to complete this course. Book codes for the 49 CFR book can be purchased here.
Looking to purchase this course for yourself?
Add the quantity of Course Codes you need to distribute to other users to your cart.